Thursday, March 10, 2011

Who's in Charge Here?


John 10:17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

Every day we wake up with a question looming over us.

“Who’s in charge here?”

Jesus is.

In this passage He states without doubt His life can only be given when He chose and not when someone sought to take it from Him.  Others may look like they have the upper hand, but nothing was done without His permission…His purpose…His plan.

Even more incredible is the fact that He announced He would be back.

He laid down His life and He took it back up again.
Man’s ultimate fear, death, is no longer to be feared.  Jesus has been there and back and lives. 

During this season when much of the Christen world commemorates the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, let’s remember there was never a moment when he was not in charge.

He still is.

No comments: