Monday, March 21, 2011

What's it to ya?


John 21: 22 Jesus said to him, “If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow me!”

This is the nice way Jesus is saying, "Mind your own business.”

God has a design for each of us individually.  He has marvelous, miraculous things He wants to do through each of us.  He uniquely designed and gifted each of us for our place in the body of Christ.

We are to pray for and encourage one another, but what God has planned for others is His business.

I think Jesus was trying to keep Peter focused on his path and purpose. If Peter spent time comparing to others, he may have forgetten what he was sent to do.

He may have been like a jealous child thinking why does Jesus make life easier for them than me?  Why don’t I get a more prominent place in the ministry? 

That’s not our concern.

Pray for others to hear God for themselves but follow Jesus individually.

No comments: