Thursday, March 24, 2011

"No...really. You go first!"


I John 4: 19 We love because he first loved us.

One definition of love I hear is “Giving of oneself to meet the needs of another without expectation of return.”

It is not "I love you if…"

"I love you when…"

"I love you because you make me feel…"

It is God kind of love.  "I love you (period)."

God’s is the great initiator.  He sought us, we never seek Him.  Jesus said he came to seek and save that which was lost…us.

The closest thing on earth is the love of a parent for their child.  Giving…loving…sacrificing because of the needs of the person who is the object of love and not just for what the parent can experience in return.

So it is with Jesus.

He loved and waited to see if it was recognized…responded to…returned.

He loves you.  What you gonna do about it?

No comments: