Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Freedom is not Free

So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
John 8:31-32

We long for the freedom mentioned in this verse, but forget freedom always has a price.

Jesus says we are to abide in His word, that is to read, know and apply His teachings and this will set us free.  You can't really know something until you act on it or obey.

You don’t learn the word by someone else always digesting it for you. We  all need to read the Bible on our own.  Perhaps just do what I am doing, read a chapter a day out of the Gospel of John.

As you read, ask “Lord, what do you want me to do with what I read?”

Then tell Him what you want based on what you read.

Today, for me, it is learning to abide and asking Him to show me the truth about areas of my life.

No comments: