Saturday, December 1, 2012

Family…fun…faith

For several days our first grand child stayed at our home us while his mom was giving birth to his little sister.

Our household is two parents and two college aged daughters at home.

We thought “how hard can it be to watch one little boy for a few days?” Harder than expected.

We still have not found the TV remote. Our new remote is to call out to whoever is sitting closest to TV to adjust the volume.

Conner was into everything. . He was a bundle of boundless energy and curiosity. He loved walking the dog on his leash in the house. Several times he pulled on the dog’s legs to see if they would detach. Thankfully the legs remained attached but the dog is seeing a therapist!



In the midst of it all, God spoke to my heart.

I am like Conner in so many ways. Restless when I need to be restful. Worrying about getting my own way and expressing discontent or whining when I don’t..

The best way to get Conner to sleep was cradled in someone‘s arms. We best rest when we are cradled in the arms of God’s love and grace. He wants simple fellowship with us.

What touched me the most during Conner’s visit? It was the times my family remarked when Conner and I sat together how much he looked like me.


That’s how it is when we relax with our heavenly Father. We begin to resemble Him. 

People are attracted by the family resemblance.

At this time of year, many people want to be part of a family. 

Why not introduce them to God’s?









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lee. I especially loved the “family resemblance” and the invitation to be held by God.

Anonymous said...

(This is Katelyn!)